frequency scaling for 7448

Leisner, Martin Martin.Leisner at xerox.com
Thu Sep 13 06:23:12 EST 2007

I've written a frequency scaling module for a 7448 which plugs into the
linux governors.

I plugged in into 2.6.20.16 on a taiga board.

I have a good handle on how arch/i386/kernel/cpu/cpufreq handles
cpufreq, its not clear how
it should be done in the powerpc -- there's some frequency scaling stuff
in powermac/, but its not
useful for taiga board  (I like the ToDO -- needs a big cleanup).

What I'm seeing on the taiga board:
	1) when I enter nap, the ethernet seems to be VERY lethagic,
unless I spin the processor...
      2) /2 works fine, /4 causes the ethernet/disk to break...

I'm very open to suggestions...it also appears cpufreq can be a module
on SOME architectures...

marty