SPI driver?

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Sep 12 06:19:26 EST 2007

In message <8140AAF341CC904BA92C3D6A5A1909782F0D4F at ditech-1.ditechllc.com> you wrote:
> I am also in search of this, or some information about one.  Please let
> me know if you find anything.
>
> I ran across an existing platform that used an mpc8270.  During boot up
> it displayed:
> [   17.828513] SPIDriver: module license 'Proprietary' taints kernel.
> [   17.865052] CPM SPI Driver: $Revision: 1.0 $ wd at denx.de
>
> I have been all over denx and have not been able to find it.  This
> particular system used the SPI for a DSP chip.

Probably somebody copied and modified a  driver  they  found  in  our
trees. We release all such code under GPL...

You can find SPI driver code in our old linuxppc_2_4_devel tree,  but
this  does  not  include  support  for  MPC82xx; and then there is an
ancient (5+ years) 82xx SPI driver in our  linux-2.4  (2.4.4)  kernel
tree.

Best regards,

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Thought for the day: What if there were no hypothetical situations?