futex priority based wakeup

Ilya Lipovsky lipovsky at cs.bu.edu
Sat Sep 8 03:45:56 EST 2007

Yes, I am uncertain. If it isn't a major headache, I think you can try the
newest version (I think it's 2.6.1) and see if you get some resolution.

Your code looks correct to me, so if the kernel developers did their job
correctly, the only potentially weak link is glibc.

I think pthread priority inheritance is an independent concept, but you
shouldn't care since you explicitly set priorities.

My kernel is 2.6.21, so I am of no help here, unfortunately.

By the way, kudos to you for making crosstool compile glibc with NPTL
support, I had issues getting there (I have 2.4 with NPTL, but it is
natively installed)! How did you manage to get around the intermediate's
compiler's lack of "__thread" support issue?

Please do share the outcome!!

-Ilya