Breakpoint is not hitting for Kernel Debugging

dnl ssaravanan at mail2web.com
Tue Sep 4 00:02:30 EST 2007

Hi all,

I am using uboot and montavista kernel for our custom MPC8555CDS board.

I enabled the following options in Kernel for kernel Debugging, CONFIG_BDI_SWITCH=y CONFIG_DEBUG_INFO=y under kernel hacking and MMU XALT in BDI config file. After uboot initialization I fixed break point at start_kernel(0xc02784bc), and then I booted the kernel. Without breaking  at start_kernel, it came to login prompt. Please find attached config file with this mail. Could anybody help me to solve this problem?

Thanks in advance,

Saravanan.S
Bangalore.