Socket I/O in Kernel

Dave Cogley dcogley at uslinc.com
Wed Oct 31 04:46:49 EST 2007

Hello,

I am trying to setup a socket endpoint for network I/O (UDP) into my driver
and I am having some trouble.  I am seemingly able to create and bind a UDP
socket using sock_create_kern without any failure.  The problem comes when I
try to send data over the datagram it always fails with EINVAL.  Is
kernel_sendmsg a valid routine for sending data over unconnected datagrams?
Should I be using kernel_sendpage?  Am I initializing the datagram
correctly?  Is there any working example of how to use UDB sockets at the
kernel level?  I have attached the driver source if you wish to see the
initialization and write routines.  Thank you for your time.

Thanks,

Dave Cogley

Software Engineer

Ultra Stereo Labs, Inc.