aty128fb PCI card on ppc 405ep taihu board

王重 lacrimosa02 at sina.com
Thu Oct 18 12:19:09 EST 2007

Thanks Bill and thanks Wolfgang! VGA BIOS is the problem. I use scitechsoft
videoboot to initialize the card. Videoboot is based on scitechsoft x86emu
which could run x86 code on other platforms. Now I successfully initialized
the card and get the framebuffer information. But the monitor still gets NO
SIGNAL through the card.

Serial console shows framebuffer is enabled:

     videoboot: Booting PCI video card bus 0, function 0, device 6

     aty128fb: Found Intel x86 BIOS ROM Image

     aty128fb: Rage128 BIOS located

     aty128fb: Rage128 RK PCI [chip rev 0x2] 32M 64-bit SDR SGRAM (2:1)

     fb0: ATY Rage128 frame buffer device on Rage128 RK PCI

Some information I get from framebuffer:

     id = ATY Rage128

     depth =  16

       smemlen = 33554432

       line_length = 0