Sebastian Siewior linuxppc-embedded at ml.breakpoint.cc
Thu Oct 18 05:26:51 EST 2007

Hello,

I have here a MPC8544 DS board with NOR flash on it and Kumar's git
tree. I'm trying to detect this flash with the physmap_of module. I
added a nor_flash block (I used sequoia.dts as an example) into my
device tree on the same level as soc8544 or memory (or between them).
After modprobing physmap_of nothing happend. Then I tried to make a tree
with plb -> opb -> ebc and finally nor_flash but still nothing changed.

Is there a user space dependency or did I just edit my device tree the
wrong way? Any hints are welcome :)

Sebastian