cross compilation issue

Leisner, Martin Martin.Leisner at xerox.com
Wed Oct 17 02:36:46 EST 2007

I sometimes found this painful...

I have a simple script in a configured directory "make-line" which looks like

bash2 :2 mleisner at linuxcom-01 11:53:58; cat make-line
#! /bin/bash

exec make ARCH=powerpc CROSS_COMPILE=/opt/denx/eldk4.1/usr/bin/ppc_74xx- INSTALL_MOD_PATH=${PWD}/root $*

I know hardhat linux had a strategy to make . files hiding the names of ARCH/CROSS_COMPILE -- so typing make
would work once configured...

IMHO it should be hardcoded in the Makefile after configuration -- it causes a lot of grief if you FORGET
to specify one of these and just type "make".

One of the things I want to do is look at how the linux make system works now (I recall at times I edit the Makefile
to hardcode these things).

marty