About resevation of kernel code and data section in e500 part.

Michael.Kang blackfin.kang at gmail.com
Tue Oct 16 12:49:11 EST 2007

Hi:
         I have some confusions about where the page of kernel text
and data is reserved in linux source ? Hope get some hints here and
thanks in advance.
         I had digged into some related code, but got no anwser:

1. in set_phys_avail [ arch/ppc/mm/init.c : 456] , it seems memory
used by kernel text and data is reserved for bootmem.

2. Then in memmap_init_zone [mm/page_alloc.c:1925] , all the page is
set reserved including the pages used by kernel text and data. And it
seems page->virtual in all the page is set here.

So my question is where the pages used by kernel text and data is set
to reserved in linux source?

-- Thanks
-- Michael.Kang

--