Linux 'reboot' is HRESET or SRESET on MPC880?

DI BACCO ANTONIO - technolabs Antonio.DiBacco at technolabs.it
Wed Oct 10 22:49:00 EST 2007

> I need to know if the linux reboot command performs a HRESET or
SRESET. I would like to preserve
> the direction and status of my GPIO pins and then I would like to
perform an SRESET that
> shouldn't touch the pddat, pddir.

The mpc8xx restart consists in clearing the ME bit in MSR register to
cause checkstop on machine check and then accessing an invalid location.
I don't know if this causes a SRESET or HRESET and if the GPIO will be
preserved or not. I know that PDDAT, PDDIR and the like are preserved
with SRESET.

Bye.

P.S: Please don't post html messages!
Do you know me? I see that you greeted me in your mail.