Is it safe to use these Linux function (test_bit(), set_bit(), clear_bit()) in character device driver for 2.6.10 ppc kernel.

Misbah khan misbah_khan at engineer.com
Thu Oct 4 23:02:53 EST 2007

Hi ...
I did followed you and it worked as well. I really Thank you for it.

At one Place i am doing memcpy() of floating point data to the memory mapped
registers, what could be the substitute of it like "memcpy_toio() " which is
suggested in the Book. I am working BE architecture.

I would really appreaciate if you would let me know the defineation of these
wrapper functions (in_be32,out_be32(),ioread32(),iowrite32(),etc) so that i
could have the clear idea of the reason for not directly dreferencing the
Pointer.

Misbah