Unable to Read PPC440EPx Board ID thru Board Control and Status Registers (BCSR)

Dell Query dell.query at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 28 17:38:00 EST 2007

Oh is it 0x1C0002000?

Where can I get the document? What I have is 0xC0002000 from ep440xc_um_amcc.pdf file that I get from the accompanying PPC440EPx resource CD.

Thanks!

dell

Josh Boyer <jwboyer at gmail.com> wrote: On Tue, 27 Nov 2007 02:47:45 -0800 (PST)
Dell Query  wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am creating a simple program which will try to read the board ID of the PPC440EPx thru BCSR but when I load it, it gives me "Data Read PLB Error".
>
> I am not sure if I missed out something.
>
> I would really appreciate it if somebody could help me on this.
>
> I have posted the source code below, as well as the complete message.
>
> Many thanks!
>
> SOURCE CODE:
> #include

> #include

> #include

> #include

> #include

> #include

> #include

> #include
> #include
> #include

> #include

> #include
> #include
>
> MODULE_LICENSE("GPL");
>
> #define BCSR_BASE   0xC0002000

This is wrong.  It's 0x1C0002000.

> #define BCSR0       0
> #define BCSR1       1
> #define BCSR2       2
>
> #define USER_LED    0x2
> #define SIZE_TO_MAP 10
>
> #define LED_ON      0
>
> uint __iomem *bcsrbase = NULL;
>
> static int __init initFunction(void) {
>    uint tmp;
>    printk("<1> Calling init function.\n");
>    printk("<1> bcsrbase value %p...\n",bcsrbase);
>    printk("<1> Remapping %x...\n",BCSR_BASE);
>    /*map*/
>    bcsrbase = ioremap(BCSR_BASE, SIZE_TO_MAP);

Since this seems to be arch/ppc, use ioremap64.

josh