85xx software reset problems from paulus.git

robert lazarski robertlazarski at gmail.com
Tue Nov 27 04:41:37 EST 2007

Hi Kumar, I finally got time to get back to this:

On Nov 17, 2007 2:52 PM, Kumar Gala <galak at kernel.crashing.org> wrote:

> >> What actual 85xx are you using?
> >>
> >> - k
> >>

> > Custom 8548 board. I'm using the cds 85xx code for a reference and I
> > calling the same reset functions.
> >
> 1. do you have the following in your dts:
>
>                  global-utilities at e0000 {        //global utilities reg
>                          compatible = "fsl,mpc8548-guts";
>                          reg = <e0000 1000>;
>                          fsl,has-rstcr;
>                  };

Yes.

> 2. in your platform code are you using fsl_rstcr_restart in
> define_machine()
>
> - k

Yes. The symptoms in 2.6.24RC2 are that during a kernel panic or when
calling 'reboot' in the shell, it just hangs. Using the same dts and
resets in 2.6.23.1 reboots fine. I don't have a cds reference, but
someone who does should be able to confirm whether the issue exists or
not by just attempting to reboot via bash.

Robert