The question about the UART on UCC5,UCC6,UCC7,UCC8 for MPC8360?

郭劲 guojin02 at tsinghua.org.cn
Mon Nov 26 14:47:15 EST 2007

Hi,friends,

 I runed the LTIB for MPC8360,selected "configure the kernel", then the make
menuconfig is appeared,that is "linux kernel configuration". I config QE to
follow
style:
UCC1,GETH;
UCC2,GETH;
UCC5,UART;
UCC6,UART;
UCC7,UART;
UCC8,UART.

  after compiled, I download the linux to MPC8360 board, but I cannot find the
serial device for UCC5,UCC6,UCC7,UCC8. I just find the ttyS0,ttyS1 is OK.
  Could you tell me that what's the name for the serial device of UCC5,6,7,8?
  Whether or not I can use those UART just like the ttyS0,ttyS1?