SPI, I2C

Stephen Neuendorffer stephen.neuendorffer at xilinx.com
Mon Nov 26 10:17:58 EST 2007

The drivers for these do exist (see git.xilinx.com).  I suppose as a 'control' bus, they might actually be useful inside an FPGA, but why not just use dcr?  Part of the value of i2c is minimizing wires (including power wires), but that's hardly a design constraint in an FPGA compared to conserving logic.

I also got fed up with the i2c core at one point and wrote a bitbang version for the gpio.  It might be a bit slower, but it's dirt simple.  I can send it do you, if you're interested.

Steve