cant' compile busybox-1.8.1 with eldk 4.1

Clemens Koller clemens.koller at anagramm.de
Fri Nov 23 23:05:10 EST 2007

fabien schrieb:
 > I try to compile busybox for my ppc custom board.

What ARCH/cpu?

 > I successfuly
 > compile kernel 2.6.19 with
 > eldk and boot it. Now i try to get busybox working but i get some
 > errors at compile time.
 > It's look strange if someone can spend one minute to look at the compile log
 > What step could i miss ?

 > [...]
 > /opt/eldk/usr/../ppc_8xx/usr/include/linux/param.h:4:23: error:
 > asm/param.h: No such file or directory
 > make[1]: *** [applets/applets.o] Erreur 1
 > make: *** [applets] Erreur 2

It looks like your kernel headers (ARCH-specific or generic)
are broken or missing.
See i.e. Linux From Scratch to get an idea about the dependencies.
Or, see latest kernel's 'make headers_install' target and how it is used.
Google is your friend, here...

The busybox mailing list would be more suited for this question.

Regards,

Clemens Koller
R&D Imaging Devices
Anagramm GmbH