Firmware Support for USB Hub

Laurent Pinchart laurentp at cse-semaphore.com
Thu Nov 22 04:29:59 EST 2007

On Wednesday 21 November 2007 18:20, Scott Wood wrote:
> Misbah khan wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I am using a 8248 processor which has a USB controller and i need to
> > connect a USB Hub to it, iam using Montavista Linux .I need to know that
> > what are the support i need form Montavista or Open source to have an
> > interface with Usb hub. ???
> >
> > Is there any driver that we need to make if so what type ???
>
> I don't believe a driver currently exists for CPM USB.

There's an experimental out-of-tree driver available at
http://cpm2usb.sourceforge.net/

The code is outdated and doesn't work, but that's a starting point.

If I remember correctly, CPM2 USB host support requires the host to create SOF
packets in software. High system loads will probably mess the bus up. A
colleague of mines was told by Freescale to use an external USB controller
instead of the MPC8248 bundled one.

--
Laurent Pinchart
CSE Semaphore Belgium