85xx software reset problems from paulus.git

robert lazarski robertlazarski at gmail.com
Sat Nov 17 07:44:20 EST 2007

On Nov 16, 2007 10:27 AM, Clemens Koller <clemens.koller at anagramm.de> wrote:
> Hello, Robert!
>
> robert lazarski schrieb:
>  > Hi all, on my custom 85xx board I can't do a soft reset. I'm using
>  > u-boot 1.3rc3 that has the latest cpu/mpc85xx/cpu.c patch to fix some
>  > type of reset problem. When I press the software reset button on my
>  > board after my nfs kernel panic, I get this:
>
> Please define "software reset button" in your case. :-)
> I consider a "button" clearly as hardware.

I mean a hardware button that calls SRESET , ie, Soft reset machine check.

<snip>

> The SRESET# (pin AF20) is the soft reset input, causes
> an mcp assertion to the core.... (RTFM)

That's what we are doing. The 85xx docs say "Soft reset. Causes a
machine check interrupt to the e500 core. Note that if the e500 core
is not configured to process machine check interrupts, the assertion
of SRESET causes a core checkstop. SRESET need not be asserted during
a hard reset."

Is the 85xx kernel "not configured to process machine check
interrupts" ? Do I need to do that myself in my boards restart
function via the special registers? Is there code already for this?

Robert