MPC5200B: Linux does not recognise the external PCI card

Juergen Beisert jbe at pengutronix.de
Fri Nov 16 00:30:05 EST 2007

Hi,

currently I'm trying to activate the PCI bus of my MPC5200B based card. U-Boot
outputs:

[...]
PCI:   Bus Dev VenId DevId Class Int
        00  18  1033  0035  0c03  00
        00  18  1033  0035  0c03  00
        00  18  1033  00e0  00e0  00
        00  1a  1057  5809  0680  00
[...]

When I start Linux it outputs:

[...]
PCI: Probing PCI hardware
PCI: device 0000:00:18.0 has unknown header type 7f, ignoring.
mpc52xx_pci_fixup_resources() 1057:5809
[...]

and does not show the external card:

# lspci -v
00:1a.0 Bridge: Motorola Unknown device 5809
        Flags: bus master, 66MHz, medium devsel, latency 248
        Memory at a0000000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=256K]
        Memory at <unassigned> (32-bit, prefetchable)

Any idea what could cause this behavior?
Could this be an oftree related issue? Or something hardware only related?
The external slot is of 3.3V only type, running at 33 1/3 MHz.

If it is an oftree issue, can someone point me to some kind of documentation,
what data I must provide in the
	pci at 0d00 {
	}
section?