MPC5200B - Mapping Micrel Ethernet Controller Chip

Sri nava kala devi Valteti, TLS-Chennai srinavakalav at hcl.in
Wed Nov 14 04:05:41 EST 2007

Hi
Thank you for your response.
> Are you *sure* it's mapped at physical address 0xe0000000? (ie. have
>you verified that you can access the device registers via u-boot or a
>debugger?)

Yes, We have accessed the Micrel chip via U-boot setting (Micrel Chips
Base addres) 0xE0000000 to the CS1 Start address Register.
The LP_CS1 pin is configured to access the chip in U-boot.

LINUX:
We also probed the CS1 signal and found some noise in the signal (but
wasn't any kind of pulse). It might not be the actual Chip Select pulse.
But in U-Boot, we are getting proper Chip Select pulse.

LINUX:
The MBAR is mapped to default 0xF0000000 value. The BAT 2 settings in
the "mpc52xx_set_bat" function, is set to map the 0xf0000000 area.
Do we need to perform any similar BAT settings or any other settings to
access the IO Device mapped at 0xE0000000 ?

Thanks,
Kala.