SDRAM failures on MPC5200B

Roman Fietze roman.fietze at telemotive.de
Wed Nov 14 01:40:17 EST 2007

Hallo Mark,

On Tuesday 13 November 2007 14:59:56 lokowich wrote:

> A follow-up: The first version of our termination network was based
> on the Lite5200 reference design, but was confirmed by Freescale to
> be inadequate. We revised the hardware per their errata, terminating
> both ends of the data bus. This fixed the problem. Thanks for the
> helpful feedback.

If I can remember it correctly, the is no errata on the Freescale
documentation web pages specifying to terminate the SDRAM data lines
on both ends. The only document I can remember that specifies
something similar is AN3045, "A comparison of the MPC5200B (Mask Set
M62C) with prior MPC5200 Versions" on page 2, in the chapter
"1. Overview".

Could you please give me some hint about what errata or other document
we probably missed?

Maybe I have to tell our HW people that it will be necessary to fix
our design as well.

Thank you

Roman

--
Roman Fietze Telemotive AG Büro Mühlhausen