auto soft reset after kernel crash?

robert lazarski robertlazarski at gmail.com
Sat Nov 10 00:25:31 EST 2007

Hi all,

I'm trying to read the __log_buf after a kernel crash on a custom
board via a software reset. While I'm waiting for the hardware guys to
give me a sw reset button, I've noticed that the particular 2.6.22
kernel I'm using software resets itself around 7 minutes after a
crash. I tried a 2.6.23 kernel to see if my problem was related to
kernel version and it doesn't reset itself. Is this reset indeed a
kernel feature? How do I enable / disable it and set the amount of
time it waits before it resets? I went thru the menuconfig features
and couldn't enable a sw reset. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Robert