use of fsl, in lite5200b.dts in git current

Jon Smirl jonsmirl at gmail.com
Fri Nov 9 07:51:09 EST 2007

On 11/8/07, Scott Wood <scottwood at freescale.com> wrote:
> Jon Smirl wrote:
> > No one has answered this yet. It makes no sense at all to mix use of
> > the vendor prefix on some compatible entries and not on others. The
> > syntax of compatible entries needs to be consistent.
>
> Right, the vendor prefix should always be used.  Not all of the existing
> trees are perfect, however, so sometimes the code needs to stay
> compatible, especially when the device tree is difficult to change.

A bunch of patches are going to have to go into the kernel. Code
expecting tree attributes without vendor prefixes is all over the
kernel. All of the dts file need to be patched up, etc.

As far as I know the only dts using vendor prefixes in the compatible
attributes is 5200lite one for the gpt entries. Everything else will
need to be changed.

--
Jon Smirl
jonsmirl at gmail.com