Bootloader & Flash

MingLiu eemingliu at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 8 20:43:15 EST 2007

Hi,
 > Could I store both, hw bitstream and kernel, in the xilinx platform> flash ? i think its not bit enough. I want to store the hw bitstream in> the platform flash as usual and the kernel in the additional flash.> I don't know how to store the kernel in the flash until know. This why I> try with the MTD devices.

You can store HW with EDK bootloader on either of the flashes. But you can only store kernel in linear flash because it is accessible through opb bus.
> I want the root-fs on flash, but this is future :) First i try to boot> the kernel
I do not have experience to set up a file system in flash memory. What I have done is to put it in the CF card or via NFS. But I guess with MTD driver's support, it will not be difficult to do that.

Good luck.

BR
Ming