serial GDBServer PPC405 problems

khollan khollan at daktronics.com
Fri Nov 2 03:49:16 EST 2007

Hi everyone
I want to thank everyone for helping with all of my problems so far, you
have been a great help.

Im trying to get a debug session with gdbserver over a serial connection on
my Xilinx ML410 using a uartlite set at Baud 115200.  When I issue the
command on the target "./gdbserver /dev/ttyUL1 test" I get this error:
Remote debugging using /dev/ttyUL1
readchar: Socet operation on non-socket
Remote Side has terminated connection.  GDBserver will reopen connection.

This error just repeats until I kill the process.  I know that gdbserver
works because debugging over TCP works fine.
Thanks for your help