Kernel 2.6, ML403, rootfs on nfs, gigabit ethernet link, nfs mount problems

Mohammad Sadegh Sadri mamsadegh at hotmail.com
Wed May 30 00:41:58 EST 2007

Hi all,

well I could bring up the grant's kernel on ml403 completely. the root file system was over nfs.

when I use a 100mbits link for connection to ml403 , every thing is working suitably.
but when I use a 1000mbits link, I see that ml403 gets ip address from dhcp and mounts the root file system but can not go further , it stops with a message: "nfs server not responding ...." some thing like this.

when pinging to ml403 with 64 bytes packets, ping works fine for both of 100 and 1000mbits links
but when I try to ping the board with 4000 bytes packets I notice that ml403 on gigabit link can not answer to ping packets, however on 100mbit link every thing works just fine.

any ideas?