ML403 2.6 kernel, root file system on NFS, stops after freeing unused kernel memory

Mohammad Sadegh Sadri mamsadegh at hotmail.com
Sat May 26 23:46:56 EST 2007

hi

ok! problem solved

problem was kernel command line

mine was:

CONFIG_CMDLINE="console=ttyS0,9600 console=tty0 root=/dev/nfs rw nfsroot=10.10.10.10:/home/sadri/hdl/eldk_rootfs/ppc_4xx ip=dhcp"

by default 2.6.21 CMDLINE contains two console parameters,
the correct one should be

CONFIG_CMDLINE="console=ttyS0,9600 root=/dev/nfs rw nfsroot=10.10.10.10:/home/sadri/hdl/eldk_rootfs/ppc_4xx ip=dhcp"

well , rootfs comes up until login prompt,
I enter root as the password but it gives "incorrect login" message/

another note:
I changed the memory size to 32Mbytes from 64, I feel the system is more stable in this case. some times the system does not come up probperly. ( generates segmentation fault and similar messages )

thanks