zImage.elf loads but does not start

Mirek23 miroslaw.dach at psi.ch
Sat May 26 01:23:57 EST 2007

Hi Andrei,

     Thank you very much for your suggestion.
I am very grateful for all of your hints. They were always very valuable to
me.

I have set as you mentioned:
#define XPAR_DDR_0_SIZE                 0x2000000

And now all works fine!!!!

The root file system is mounted and I can execute whatever I like from the
rootfile system.
It was just my mistake that I did not noticed the memory size was wrong :(

After all of that I would like to use the GPIO driver to talk to the FPGA
part of the board.
Do you have some experience with that.

in my xparameters_ml403.h I have two devices defined: LEDs and SWITCHES as
listed below

/* Definitions for peripheral LEDS_8BIT */
#define XPAR_LEDS_8BIT_BASEADDR 0x40000000
#define XPAR_LEDS_8BIT_HIGHADDR 0x4000FFFF
#define XPAR_LEDS_8BIT_DEVICE_ID 0
#define XPAR_LEDS_8BIT_INTERRUPT_PRESENT 0
#define XPAR_LEDS_8BIT_IS_DUAL 0

/* Definitions for peripheral DIP_SWITCHES_8BIT */
#define XPAR_DIP_SWITCHES_8BIT_BASEADDR 0x40020000
#define XPAR_DIP_SWITCHES_8BIT_HIGHADDR 0x4002FFFF
#define XPAR_DIP_SWITCHES_8BIT_DEVICE_ID 1
#define XPAR_DIP_SWITCHES_8BIT_INTERRUPT_PRESENT 0
#define XPAR_DIP_SWITCHES_8BIT_IS_DUAL 0

#define XPAR_GPIO_0_BASEADDR XPAR_LEDS_8BIT_BASEADDR
#define XPAR_GPIO_0_HIGHADDR XPAR_LEDS_8BIT_HIGHADDR
#define XPAR_GPIO_0_IS_DUAL XPAR_LEDS_8BIT_IS_DUAL
#define XPAR_GPIO_0_DEVICE_ID XPAR_LEDS_8BIT_DEVICE_ID
#define XPAR_GPIO_1_BASEADDR XPAR_DIP_SWITCHES_8BIT_BASEADDR
#define XPAR_GPIO_1_HIGHADDR XPAR_DIP_SWITCHES_8BIT_HIGHADDR
#define XPAR_GPIO_1_IS_DUAL XPAR_DIP_SWITCHES_8BIT_IS_DUAL
#define XPAR_GPIO_1_DEVICE_ID XPAR_DIP_SWITCHES_8BIT_DEVICE_ID

but I do not know how exactly to talk to them by means of the xgpio driver.

Best Regards and many many thanks for your support

Mirek