ML403 2.6 kernel, root file system on NFS, stops after freeing unused kernel memory

Mohammad Sadegh Sadri mamsadegh at hotmail.com
Thu May 24 02:06:21 EST 2007

Hi all

I have studied the disscussion here mainly by Mirek32 (I think this was the name)  but unfortunately the disscussion is finished without any suitable answer and solution.

the 2.6 kernel comes up on ml403 with no problem, it gets an IP address from my DHCP and mounts the root file system from my NFS server , all of these are ok.

Unfortunately , after "freeing unused kernel memory ", init , console stops working however the board is alive because it answers all of my pings correctly. I tried to make a telnet connection to the board with no success. ( I'm using ELDK 4.0)

any suggestions what is happening here?

how can I enable the telnet server so that I can make a telnet connection to the board, As I said the board is alive and answers pings but does not print any thing on the screen.

thanks.