zImage.elf loads but does not start

Mead, Joseph mead at bnl.gov
Tue May 15 23:12:53 EST 2007

Hi Mirek,

If you think the networking might be the source of the problem maybe try
to make a very simple root file system using initramfs to see if you can
get the init program (or busybox) working.

Just create a file in that looks something like:

dir /dev 755 0 0
nod /dev/console 644 0 0 c 5 1
nod /dev/ttyS0   644 0 0 c 4 64
dir /proc 755 0 0
dir /sys 755 0 0
file /init usr/busybox 755 0 0

and then tell the kernel about it General_Setup-> Initramfs source
file(s)

It will build the file system into the kernel image.

Also, thanks for the files.

Joe