Xilinx OPB EMC Linux 2.6 Driver

Mohammad Sadegh Sadri mamsadegh at hotmail.com
Wed May 9 19:15:34 EST 2007

Hi All,

I'm going to use intel strata flash chip on ml403 for bringing up my 2.6 kernel. ( I do not want to use Sys ACE any more )

At the first step I have some simple questions

2.6 Kernel provides a wide range of support for flash devices, from CFI to many other types, I can enable any of them I want.

But I think that some thing is missing here, There should be a driver to enable Extended Memory Controller (OPB EMC) module which is mainly connected to the strata flash chip. Is this true? Or the current drivers in the kernel are enough?

May be I should enable support for CFI and then I choose CFI in physical memory option?

Thanks.