pci based on mpc8250

feng cuifeng226 at 163.com
Wed May 2 19:11:33 EST 2007

hi all:
  I have been working on my pci for about 2 mounths ,but I can't work it out.
I list the problems I encounter here.Any suggestion will be welcome.
  We want to send 208 bytes per frame.but it was send in several frames.
We try to disalbe the snoop bit in our program ,choose another dma band
width.the result it we can speed up the speed ,but it can't be checked
through by our check program.what confused us is that the data gets by our
software transferes through  the hardware is right .
  some one suggests that:
   When snooping is not used and a memeory region is cacheable, you should
invalidate cache area (executing as much DCBI instructions as required)
corresponding to the transfer region after each transfer before read it by the
core. Refer to the Programming Environments Manual for 32-Bit Implementations
of the PowerPC Architecture, Chapter 8 Instruction Set, dcbi.

 our Latency Timer Register value  is 0xc4,and the cachline is 0x8

thank you for you attention.
 feng