xilinx gpio in kernel 2.6

Mirek23 miroslaw.dach at psi.ch
Wed May 2 22:33:16 EST 2007

Finally I was able to incorporate the xilinx_gpio driver to the kernel 2.6
tree.
To do so I have created the file xgpio_ioctl.h which is basically identical
the file include/linux/ibm_ocp_gpio.h in the kernel linuxppc_2_4. The
differences are
the macro names (I have replaced IBM with X and ibm_ with x).

I have modified also arch/ppc/syslib/virtex_devices.c. I have added into
this file the entries which refer to GPIO definitions.

At the end I have modified the drivers/char/Kconfig and the
drivers/char/xilinx_gpio/Makefile.

After all I was able to compile the kernel.

I did not find however how to deal with the GPIO driver on the user's level.
I am sure that I have to use: open and ioctl function calls but I do not
know how to distinguish between
two differenet GPIO interfaces to control respectively (LEDs and DIP
switches).

I would appreciate very much any hint on that

Best Regards

Mierk