MPC5200 ethernet communication stops unexpected

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue May 1 06:49:33 EST 2007

In message <46322E3F.8050508 at berghof.com> you wrote:

> It seems that this fault only occurs if the ping is done thru a telnet
> session. Logging into the controller on the serial console and doing the
> pings won't trigger the fault (at least not so fast). This might be a

According to our experience, it's actually not the "ping" which is
triggering the problem, but the telnet output you see (i. e. TCP/IP
traffic).

You will probaly see the same  behaviour  by  running  someting  like
"telnet  target_ip  chargen  >/dev/null"  instead  of  the flood ping
(assuming you have enabled the chargen service on the target.

> If i do a 'ping -f 10.255.226.71 > /dev/null', which suppresses the
> output now run for hours ...

See above.

Best regards,

DENX Software Engineering GmbH,    CEO: Wolfgang Denk & Detlev Zundel
Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Bradley's Bromide: If computers get too  powerful,  we  can  organize
them into a committee - that will do them in.