Avoid using libm in rootfs

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Mar 30 07:27:46 EST 2007

In message <200703291345.35978.tmaenner at aehr.com> you wrote:

> Maybe on the same subject or OT, I'm having trouble with ELDK 4.1.0, kernel
> 2.4.25, u-boot 1.1.6, kernel and ramdisk copied from flash into RAM on a
> TQM860L module.

Using ELDK 4.1 (= a toolchain build for a  2.6  kernel)  with  a  2.4
kernel  is  not  a supported mode of operation. Please use ELDK 3.1.1
for runtime environment of your 2.4 kernel.

> Shouldn't the paths from ldd be for example /lib/libc.so.6 ?

No, the cross-version of ldd shows the full path name in the cross
environment.

> Anybody has any idea what that could be?

Incompatibility of libraries. Use ELDK 3.x with 2.4 kernels, and ELDK
4.x with 2.6 kernels; anything else is asking for trouble.

Best regards,

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
God is real, unless declared integer.