Problems with PHY on STK5200

Jan-Hinnerk Dumjahn jan-hinnerk.dumjahn at arcor.de
Tue Mar 27 00:07:57 EST 2007

On Monday 05 March 2007 17:12, Jan-Hinnerk Dumjahn wrote:
> On Thursday 01 March 2007 19:57, Wolfgang Denk wrote:
> > In message <200703011216.57611.jan-hinnerk.dumjahn at arcor.de> you wrote:

[...]
> > > Can anybody explain what the driver should to? Or even better has some
> > > patch to make it work?
> >
> > The driver should work :-) And it certainly does for me.
>
> It certainly doesn't work for me ;-(
>
> All least newer versions of the kernel don't register
> "mdio_timer_callback()". So, link up report isn't working.
> This is caused by two occurences of the following code in
> mpc5xxx_fec_setup().
>
> if(!reinit) {
>   if(reinit) {
>   }
> }

I've done some more analysis: the following is a list of code/data in "fec.c"
that is never used:

- lines 936-950 (if-clause)
- lines 1035-1069 (if-clause)
- mdio_timer_callback()
- mpc5xxx_fec_link_up()
- mii_display_status()
- phy_cmd_config
- mii_queue_config()
- mii_display_config()
- mii_do_cmd()

BTW: What is the status of the code guarded by CONFIG_USE_MDIO_NOT_YET?

Best regards
  Jan-Hinnerk Dumjahn