ttyS0 ttyS1

Charles Krinke ckrinke at istor.com
Sat Mar 24 03:10:51 EST 2007

Dear Otto:

You might check that the dev entry points in your root file system for /dev/tty, /dev/console, /dev/ttyS0 and /dev/ttyS1 all exist. They must be created with mknod and not with mkdir.

These are the settings you should see with an 'ls' of the target's root filesystem on the host which has created it. All of these entries should be character devices as shown by the first bit of the permissions being a 'c'.

/dev/console 5 1
/dev/tty 5 0
/dev/ttyS0 4 64
/dev/ttyS1 4 65