MEN A14C-board

Charles Krinke ckrinke at istor.com
Sat Mar 17 06:10:01 EST 2007

Dear Johan:

Hello to you. It has been a while since I have admired your train wheels on comp.os.vxworks.

On recent linux kernels with PPC, one usually has to add CONFIG_SERIAL_TEXT_DEBUG to see very early serial output from the kernel. This sets up the serial uart before the console is setup.

Another issue on ppc kernels is they usually require a console=ttyS0,115200 on the kernel command line (Assuming you primary serial port is ttyS0).

I can get into more details if you wish. Let me know.

Charles