UartLite for MontaVista - virtex4

Jantira Hengmeechai (Tai) Hengmeej at linsys.ca
Thu Mar 15 08:28:24 EST 2007

Hi Tim,

Could you tell me where exactly to get the  "xuartlite_serial.c" ?

I could not find "xuartlite_serial.c" in the drivers folder generated by EDK
.
(\ppc405_0\libsrc\linux_mvl31_v1_01_b\linux\drivers\char\xilinx_uartlite)

Look forward to hearing from you.
Thanks,
Tai
>   Xilinx OS Independent Code XAssert: xuartlite.c:195
>   Code may crash due to unhandled errors.
>   Xilinx OS Independent Code XAssert: xuartlite.c:195
>   Code may crash due to unhandled errors.
>   Xilinx OS Independent Code XAssert: xuartlite.c:195
>   Code may crash due to unhandled errors.
>   Xilinx OS Independent Code XAssert: xuartlite.c:195
>   Code may crash due to unhandled errors.

This code is...

unsigned int XUartLite_Send(XUartLite *InstancePtr, u8 *DataBufferPtr,
                            unsigned int NumBytes)
{
    unsigned int BytesSent;
    u32 StatusRegister;

    /*
     * Assert validates the input arguments
     */
    XASSERT_NONVOID(InstancePtr != NULL);
    XASSERT_NONVOID(DataBufferPtr != NULL);
    XASSERT_NONVOID(InstancePtr->IsReady == XCOMPONENT_IS_READY);
    XASSERT_NONVOID(((signed)NumBytes) >= 0); // Line 195

There's a patch against the file xuartlite_serial.c to fix a problem
where a backlog of bytes causes NumBytes to be a negative number.
Grab the latest xuartlite_serial.c file from your EDK distribution.

Tim