jffs2-No space left on device

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Mar 14 18:50:47 EST 2007

In message <9469217.post at talk.nabble.com> you wrote:

> Through nfs mounting of root file system.I m trying jffs2 mounting without
> any image( with empty patition).. it is giving 100% of space is used.I m
> getting same output with jffs2 image also.
> what is the actual problem?

The actual problem is that your don't read error messages.

> Erase at 0x002a0000 failed immediately: -EROFS. Is the sector locked?

Your file system / partition is read-only, probably because the flash
sectors are locked.

Try unlocking the flash partition before using it.

Best regards,

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
After a heated argument on some trivial matter Nancy [Astor]  .  .  .
shouted,  ``If  I were your wife I would put poison in your coffee!''
Whereupon Winston Churchill with equal heat and  sincerity  answered,
``And if I were your husband I would drink it.''