Serial console not working on EP8343M

Ed Swierk eswierk at arastra.com
Wed Mar 14 05:22:07 EST 2007

On 3/13/07, Kumar Gala <galak at kernel.crashing.org> wrote:
> Have you tried make the bootargs just console=ttyS0,115200 (or
> whatever your baud rate is)?

I've tried that too. I just stepped through most of the
console_initcall sequence with gdb and it seems like everything is
getting set up properly, including irq and mmio settings for the
serial devices, but still nothing gets printed. Maybe interrupts
aren't getting routed?

I just discovered the udbg-immortal command line option, which
prevents console_init from optimistically disabling the udbg console.
Debugging this problem should be a lot easier now that I can see
console output past console_init.

--Ed