Problem in compiling a kernel module

Matthias Fechner idefix at fechner.net
Tue Mar 13 04:00:31 EST 2007

Hi,

I'm not sure if this is the right list, so please correct me.

If have written a kernel module to read a I2C chip (it's very basic
now and I try to understand some thinks first so please forgive some
stupid questions).

I copied it to drivers/i2c/chips and added it into the Makefile with
the following line:
obj-m += max6633.o

If I try now to compile to kernel I got the following error message:
WARNING: drivers/i2c/chips/max6633.o - Section mismatch: reference to
.init.data: from .text after 'cleanup_module' (at offset 0x196)
WARNING: drivers/i2c/chips/max6633.o - Section mismatch: reference to
.init.data: from .text after 'cleanup_module' (at offset 0x1a6)
WARNING: drivers/i2c/chips/max6633.o - Section mismatch: reference to
.init.data: from .text after 'cleanup_module' (at offset 0x1da)
WARNING: drivers/i2c/chips/max6633.o - Section mismatch: reference to
.init.data: from .text after 'cleanup_module' (at offset 0x1e2)

What does that mean or how can debug or solve the problem?

Best regards,
Matthias

Rich Cook