compiling withoug glibc

David H. Lynch Jr dhlii at comcast.net
Mon Mar 12 15:29:35 EST 2007

    I have several projects that need to be built using GCC but
absolutely no external libraries, headers etc.
    not glibc, not uClibc, nothing.

    I also need to do this under both windows and Linux.

    I have been somewhat successful by renaming directories inside the
crosscompiler subdirectory so that gcc, ... can't find any standard
libraries etc.

    But I can not get this to work uniformly accross platforms, and I
can not trivially reverse it when I do need glibc.

    I have the vaguest clue that doing this has something to do with
triggering gcc to run through different peices of the "specs" file,
    but what I can find of documentation is opaque too me.

    A clue would be greatly appreciated.

--
Dave Lynch 					  	    DLA Systems
Software Development:  				         Embedded Linux

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction."
Albert Einstein