Xenomai real time driver and normal linux driver mutual exclusion

melinda develey melinda.develey70 at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 12 08:57:05 EST 2007

I have an I2C bus, some devices should be controlled by a normal linux driver  but an ADC and a DAC on this bus should be controlled by a real time xenomai driver because, after a READ from the DAC I have to write to the ADC every 500 usec. I tried to use the normal linux driver from a xenomai real time user mode task but reading DAC, doing some computations, and writing to the ADC takes more than 500 usec. I thought to write both a RTDM driver for my 8xx I2C controller and a normal linux driver, but, how may I serialize access to the 8xx  I2C controller from these drivers?

Bye,
Antonio.