A problem of debugging kernel with BDI2000 and PPC

Zhou Rui vancasperz at yahoo.com.cn
Sat Mar 10 16:46:31 EST 2007

Hi, all
    I am trying to debug a trivial "helloworld" module with BDI2000 and PPC405EP board. The kernel in the PPC board is 2.6.15 compiled from ELDK4.0. I have tried to get a load map of the module, but there is no "-m" parameter in ELDK's insmod, and if "insmod.old -m hello_module.ko > module.map" is executed, the result is "insmod QM_MODULES : Function not implemented", while "insmod hello_module.ko" runs ok. I also have tried the "insmod" provided by busybox, but there is no content in module.map after "insmod.old -m hello_module.ko > module.map".
    So would you like to tell me it is the correct way to get the load map for module debugging? Or is there any other method to do that? Thank you very much.

Best wishes

Zhou Rui
Distributed & Embedded System Lab
School of Information Science & Engineering
Lanzhou University, P. R. China
http://dslab.lzu.edu.cn/~zr/