[patch 1/1] ppc: Possible bug fix for FCC driver

Cedric Pontois cpontois at nortel.com
Tue Mar 6 22:03:57 EST 2007

Hi Vitaly,

The problem seems to be similar in recent kernels
(/drivers/net/fs_enet/mac-fcc.c). The transmit clock is inverted (TCI
bit set). The packets are well received, transmitted packets go out (tx
counter is ok), unfortunately as the clock is inverted (TCI) the data
are not correctly received by the other side. The FCC works in 100Mbps
(luck?) but doesn't in 10Mbps. I solved this problem by removing the TCI
bit set as described in the patch. Actually, this problem depends also
of the Ethernet phy used on board.

Cedric