Help Melinda with a 2.6 spi driver for mpc875!

melinda develey melinda.develey70 at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 6 07:09:34 EST 2007

Hi,

I attached a driver for the SPI controller of MPC875 that I'm developing. It's not yet complete, actually, in the mpc8xx_transfer () method simply tries to transmit 3 bytes (the SPI controller is looped) and thus I expect to receive the same three bytes. It works sometimes, but not always and I don't know why.
In the init I configure the SPI controller, to do this, I do a ioremap_nocache of  physaddr IMMAP address and then write the relevant registers. I also tried to put __iomem qualifier to the SPI registers pointers thinking that the writes to the SPI registers were cached. No success! What could be the problem?

Bye,
Melinda.