how to boot powerpc with image ?

patel nirav indianirav at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 1 05:01:52 EST 2007

                    hi all

 I have powerpc 604 and MVME 3604 and I want to run the linux 2.4.18 on that platform.

 So i follow the following instruction to compile 2.4.18 for powerpc604

   Install crosstool for the  powerpc604 (from kegel.com) in /opt/crosstool

   Then i download 2.4.18 kernel.
  3. then i go to kernel source   directory and run make ARCH=ppc xconfig
4. then make ARCH=ppc CROSS_COMPILE=powerpc-604-linux-gnu- dep bzImage
5. i found following  images in my   kernel source directory
i.e   <home>/linux/2.4.18/arch/ppc/boot/images

                  vmlinux

                  zImage.chrp

                  vmlinux.coff

                  zImage.pmac

                  zImage.prep

  Now What is the step to boot with this images ?
 which is the main image to boot ?
 whether it will give me command prompt?
 I am using tornado for interfacing with powerpc (PPC604)

 Regards
 Nirav