lanana: Add major/minor entries for PPC QE UART devices

Timur Tabi timur at freescale.com
Thu Mar 1 04:35:39 EST 2007

Dan Malek wrote:

> I don't think that would be a problem, and I'd like the
> CPM/QE to share devices because it makes the
> software distributions common to all Freescale
> embedded processors.

I'm willing to use whatever minor number and range the community agrees upon.

An alternative idea, which one person already shot down, was to allow only 4 devices
normally, but allow more devices if you use udev, since udev doesn't care about minor
number assignments.  This eliminates the overlap and encourages people to use udev.

--
Timur Tabi
Linux Kernel Developer @ Freescale