ARCH=ppc or ARCH=powerpc

Erik Christiansen erik at dd.nec.com.au
Thu Jun 28 18:36:24 EST 2007

On Thu, Jun 28, 2007 at 05:44:30PM +1000, Erik Christiansen wrote:
> Encountering a kernel build error with ARCH=ppc, after configuring as much as
> possible for MPC8248, I've just tried ARCH=powerpc on linux-2.6.21.5, with this
> slightly scary result:

Oh dear. Please excuse the noise. That was clearly acute lack of
familiarity with menuconfig.   <blush>

Minus fingerfumbling, ARCH=powerpc starts to build, before coughing up a
bunch of compiler errors:

cpm2_common.c:63: error: 'CPM_MAP_ADDR' undeclared

Is that due to this patch not being accepted?:
   http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/linuxppc/patch?id=8891

If the patch's "State Superseded" means something else fixes the build
failure, then how could I lay my grubby paws on that little gem?

Erik